Skared Blogger Hub

Check out Skared Podcast here: www.skared.podbean.com

Thursday, December 23, 2010

The most cost-effective units in the new book.

Units that I have found to be the most cost effective:

6 Incubi + Raider with FF - add an archon for PGL. Good size for a unit, will do a lot of damage and live to tell the tale. I have had these guys take out 2 - 3 times their points cost (including the character) in more games than not. Excellent unit point for point.

6 Wyches Hexatrix with Agonizer+ Raider with FF - very cheap and effective. I run 2 units like this in my army. Against tough opponents make sure to try and get both squads gang up on something. I find more than 6 wyches is too many, and less is too few. Add haywires if you want more AT.

10 Warriors, Blaster, Sybarite, SC + Raider Splinter Racks... very good all round unit. Not on the highest priority of enemy targets until it gets that fists short range volley off against the enemy. Make sure you use these true gun boats in close support of the wyches... to soften up targets. And for the point cost, a very cost effective unit.

Archon, Shadow Field, Agonizer, Combat Drugs... cheap, and very killy. Add the PGL if you are running uncubi. This guy is worth every point. I like to give him the haywire grenades... just, in, case.

Heamonculus, liquifier. For 50pts giving feel no pain to any unit at the start of the game is a great bonus. And for the small points of the upgrade, you get a fantastic template weapon! A very cost effective unit, point for point. ( I personally like to attach him to the incubi if i dont roll a pain token on the combat drugs)

And lastly:

The Ravager. IMO still the most point effective heavy support choice in the DE book. I always add the Night Shields and Flickers on these three... And they never fail to impress (well sometimes they do, especially when all three lances chose to fail miserably at anything for multiple turns). I run one with lances and two with dissies. If running hellions then I run two with lances and one with dissies.

So, to remain in the spirit of this topic, these are the units that I have found to be the most cost effective when using them repeatedly in the games that I have had over the last month and a bit. They are offshoots from the units that I used to run under the old book, and they work just as well.

Cheers!

-Are there any units that you have found to be the most effective?-

No comments:

Post a Comment